Sunday, February 13, 2005

Grammy awards

Here is my Grammy want list.

Update (8:15): Awesome 5-band production number to start the show! Take. Me. Out.

Update (8:48): Best Rock Album = Green Day! *flicks bic* *cries softly but without conviction for The Killers and Velvet Revolver*

Update (9:11): Best thing about the Skynyrd set = Elvin Bishop. Long time, no see, man. And, Dickey Betts jamming, brief though it was.

p.s. Keith Urban is adorable

Update (9:33): Standing ovation for Green Day's American Idiot! I did not flick a bic but I shook and bobbed my head so hard that I now sport a decent 'fro.

Update (9:44): Okay, I think I've died and gone to heaven because they got Mavis Staples and the Blind Boys of Alabama. I'll Take You There. Uh... is Kanye West channeling Tupac + Public Enemy or what? Just asking.... Nevermind, I'll fly away (happy) now.

Update (9:52): Jay Z was R.O.B.B.E.D.

Update (10:06): Janis tribute. Teh best. How about that bald Melissa? She almost pulled off the Janis scream. They should have booked Pink instead of Joss. JMHO.

Update (10:19): Yes! Yes! Yes! Loretta and Jack! I love how Jack "Yes, ma'am"'s Miss Loretta.... heh

Update (10:31): Well, at least Bono threw a bone to Franz Ferdinand. He is nothing if not gracious.

Update (11:01): Record of the Year = Ray and Norah! Perfect. Beautiful. All is right with the world in this moment.

Update (11:20): About the tribute to fallen musicians: I did not know that Laura Branigan and Skeeter Davis are gone. The finale for Ray Charles was exceptionally elegant. Overwhelming in its simple truth. No more words. If you missed it, you lost.

Update (11:27): Album of the Year = Genius Loves Company

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home